I’m going to take advantage of your attention here and post a job that’s available in our Napa offices. For me, it’s one of our most important positions as this person if the voice of Rancho Gordo. It would be a really rewarding opportunity for the right person.
(Please excuse the photo. I MADE some the staff show off our new tee shirt because I’m so proud of them. I’m sure they would have preferred not being a cheesy photo taken by their boss, so I apologize, but not really. I think the world of them!)
CATEGORY Agriculture / Culinary
Rancho Gordo grows, imports, sells and promotes high-quality New World food with an emphasis on Heirloom Beans indigenous to the Americas. Established in 2001 and based in Napa, CA., Rancho Gordo works with growers in Central California, Oregon, Washington and New Mexico and, through the Rancho Gordo-Xoxoc Project, works with small farms in Mexico for their really rare crops. Press coverage for our fabulous products includes The New York Times, Wall St. Journal, Los Angeles Times, Sunset Magazine, Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Food & Wine, The San Francisco Chronicle and Saveur. We are a vibrant and growing business, passionate about great food and dedicated to outstanding customer engagement and service.
Rancho Gordo, a small but growing specialty-foods producer, is seeking a detail-oriented and resourceful individual to be the point of contact for all customer service issues. Learn–and educate others–about the fascinating world of heirloom beans and other new world foods while working in a casual, fun environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Answer customer inquiries (via email and telephone) in a clear, professional manner
- Process wholesale and retail orders
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all products and company procedures
- Communicate internally with staff to ensure best possible customer experience
- Assist with marketing and retail projects as needed
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve issues quickly and effectively
- Previous customer service experience a must
- Interest in food/cooking preferred
COMPENSATION this position is PAID: hourly
HOW TO APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org